Sunday, January 4, 2009

Post-installation Setup for CUPS

When lauching CUPS admin page first time after installation, some configuration needs to be done.

First, an AXL account needs to be created on CUCM. Create an application account, call it 'AXL' and create a group 'AXL', and assign 'Standard AXL API Access' role to the group. Assign the application user to the group.

Next, on CUPS, put in the CUCM publisher address, the AXL account info just created, and the security string configured when installing CUCM. Personally, I prefer to use the same key when installing CUCM and CUPS.

After completion, the user database should be synched with 'Sync Agent'.

2 comments:

tity said...

Hi
I can't integrated CUCM7 with CUP6.3. Because "Cisco UP Sync Agent" Service can't Start so user have no import to CUP.

At CUP Admin->Application->Cisco Unified Personal Communicator->CTI Gateway Server: have not generated automatically synchronize "cti_tcp_host_synced_000" occurs.

I installed CUCM7 and CUP6.3 on VMWare. I used Demo license.

Please suggest to me. Thank you.

tity said...

sory my brother
I check CUPS compatibility that CUPS 6.0.3 can not compatible with CUCM 7.0